20 March 2014

I Knew Exactly Who It Was!


When the phone rang at two in the morning, I knew exactly who it was … it was him and all he said was “I’m coming home. I need you” and then he was gone … the phone clicked off.

Instantly my body came alive and I craved his touch, his mouth … he was coming home.

Heath had been away for a month, well 28 days and 17 hours to be exact … but who was counting. 
  
He came home from work one bright autumn afternoon, to the apartment we shared - I had paint on my cheek - he told me he had resigned and needed to get away. 

My initial reaction was WTF? But I took a long, slow, deep, breath and instantly realized, this had nothing to do with me and even less to do with us.

He left the next day with cash, his phone, his passport and a back-pack.

The night before, he had made love to me all night, filled with passion and tenderness that silently begged for permission to leave and demanded I remember his touch.  He held me at the door for a long moment, I could hear his heart pounding but I knew he had to leave … and I had to let him, to quench this thirst that was drowning him. 

I held him close and he clung to me, torn between staying and searching. He held me tight and finally spoke “this has nothing to do with you, you know that - right?” it came out almost as a plea.

“Yes” I said simply … quietly

“I will come home – I love you, I need you” he said. I believed him. “I just need to find some space”
“ok” I said

He drew back and cupped my face between his hands and searched my eyes for understanding. I got it. He needed this. I was ok.

He dipped his head and clawed at my lips with his mouth. Desperate, to remember every twist and tender turn, every contour. He kissed me so deeply, I felt it within. Finally we parted lips, breathless, but our connection was kept as our foreheads couldn’t let go.

“My phone will remain on all the time and you can find me using the locator on our phones.” He added almost desperately 

“Heath” I said calmly, quietly “I am fine … go … search … find … and then … come home”

Again he pulled me into a tight embrace and then before he changed his mind … he left, grabbed his bag and escaping through the front-door. 

That was 28 days and 17 hours ago …

I looked down at my phone to trace where he was coming home from and he was on the other end of the world … it would take a while, I smiled. 

I tossed and turned as sleep eluded me … my mind and body ached for Heath.  My mind raced around how he would feel, how he would taste, how he would touch and my body came alive with sensation … I lay there for a while considering the options but eventually I got up to watch the dawn gradually fan out across the Manhattan skyline.

He was coming home … I was excited. I was more than excited. What had he seen? Where had he gone? Was his thirst quenched? Would home be enough now?

I was drawing up to the sketch board, creativity had exploded through my body since I learned of Heath’s return, when I heard the key in the door and his bag slump to the floor … I felt him before I saw him. His heat, his presence.

For a moment I stood very still, not even finishing my sketch stroke, just trying to galvanize this moment in my mind.  He was home.  I closed my eyes and drank in his presence behind me.

I hadn’t turned but I could feel him smiling and a smile pulled at my lips as my body came alive with an overwhelming need and heat.

From behind, his hands curled around my waist and he pulled me into his warm hard body. I melted and wanted to whip around to feel him, see him, taste him but he held me tighter for a moment, stopping my turn – holding me right up against his body.

Eventually his hands moved slowly up my curves and cupped my straining breasts; my nipples hard, screaming for his touch,  fire exploded through me … Oh Yes!  I Knew Exactly Who It Was!


You don’t know me … But you want to …

Fiction, Flirtation and Fantasy … Writing by C. Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment